Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Spring has sprung....we'll sort of


Spring has arrived if you look on the calendar.  Not really so much if you stand outside for a few minutes.  And by stand outside I mean run for the car because it is less than 20 degrees out and windy as heck.  But the sun is shining so that is a bonus I guess and I can see over most of the snow banks.  That being said though today marks the first practice for our Girls on the Run Spring season.  I am so excited to meet our girls in a few hours.  What an amazing journey we are heading on and what a change the weather will take between now and June when they complete their 5k.  In fact I heard a rumor that it is going to hit 40 this week so I am super excited to be planning outdoor runs.  Hopefully I can count on 1 hand how many more treadmill runs I will be doing this "spring".
How about you?  Are you able to be outside yet or did you get lucky and not need the treadmill this winter?  I swear I'm not going to complain about the heat or humidity this summer.....please hold me to it, Kay?
Big & Lofty goals are in the air!  How about you?  Any goal you want to share?  I'm looking to shave at least 5 minutes off my current Half PR this fall so I need spring to arrive for better runs!

Remember that!

No comments:

Post a Comment