Thursday, May 14, 2015

That feeling you get after a race

Even after your (maybe) slowest race EVER you still get this I CAN CONQUER THE WORLD feeling.  Funny how that happens.  I ran my first race of the year May 3rd.  Cinco de Miles 5k in Bedford, NH.  It is put on by Millennium Running and they do an AMAZING job with races.  From the ease of registration, schwagg, packet pick up, course volunteers to after race festivities.  I give them a 10 every time (on a 1-10 scale of course).  My friend ran her first 5k and killed it!  She ran at my exact pace a year ago.  I Wish I was in that shape now so I could have ran it with her but I in turn ran my slowest 5k I think EVER.  Whatever though.  I did it and had that race bug bite me again.  I love that feeling when you pick up your packet and schwagg it is almost as good as that finish line feeling of accomplishment.
Before


After

I can't wait to tackle the training I have planned for this year.  It is going to be a great year with some great races and events.  So excited to bring you on my journey.  Are you training for anything in particular this year?  I'd love to hear about it and follow your journey as well!
One more thing!  Wear sunscreen!  Even if you don't think it's sunny out wear sunscreen.  Super important!

No comments:

Post a Comment