Wednesday, December 17, 2014

It's that time of the year

After my previous post about how I don't do New Year's Resolutions you may be surprised I am bring up the dreaded topic.  Well I am.  I don't do the usual ones but I do make a list of goals for the year ahead.  Last year I made this list,

  • Read more
  • Run 1000 miles (so close darn you knee!)
  • Run another marathon (does 16 miles count? Lol)
  • Earn a new PR at the Half Marathon 
  • Earn a new PR at the 5k
  • Run a 10k (not sure how I skpped that altogether before)
  • Drink more water
  • Cross train more
  • Eat healthier

I was very impressed with myself that I completed almost ALL of that list.  I found that setting attainable goals much more doable for me and they make me feel better about myself as I reach them.  Not all goals need to be crazy out there nor do they all need to be about health and fitness.  So what are you thinking about reaching for in 2015?  I know some of mine but I'm sure this list is still going to grow.  Many will remain the same because they are good goals to have.

  • Eat healthier (clean 80%)
  • Drink more water
  • Continue cross training at least 3-4 days a week
  • Go Diamond (currently an Emerald coach)
  • Run 1000 miles
  • Run a sub 2:15 half marathon
  • Run a sub 5 marathon (if I decide to run one in 2015)
  • Reach the Beach
  • Read more books
  • PR the 5k
This is just my working list.  Maybe you guys can share some goals with me (even those big scary goals!) so I can copy and steal your ideas too.  Just kidding.  Well maybe, maybe not.  

Oh and don't forget to sign up to get the new blog posts delivered right into your email inbox.  You aren't going to want to miss some upcoming giveaways!

No comments:

Post a Comment